Above link opens in a new window on jotform.co
The Saltwater Freshwater Festival is an open invitation to come together on Australia Day and presents a unique opportunity to experience Aboriginal living culture through the sharing of music, dance, food, conversations and family fun. From year to year our aim is to provide an entertaining, safe and happy environment for all patrons, performers and the local community.
As a Festival volunteer, you play a critical role in helping us to achieve this. You are also afforded a wonderful opportunity to meet and work with new people, to share in Aboriginal culture on Australia Day, and to give back to the local community in an exceptionally positive way.
It is important for you to know that the Festival would not exist without support from our very dedicated volunteers. Thank you in advance for the contribution of time and energy that you are offering. In your job, you will be representing the Festival, so please give the audience members and artists a positive impression of the Saltwater Freshwater Festival and the town of Coffs Harbour. And don’t forget to enjoy yourself!
Volunteering for Saltwater Freshwater Festival provides many benefits. These can include:
- provision of festival t-shirts
- a midday meal on every day you work a four-hour shift
- learning new skills in a professional environment
- meeting new people
- a pride and sense of achievement in making a valuable contribution to the community & the movement towards reconciliation
- social interaction with a diverse community
- an opportunity to learn more about Saltwater Freshwater Festival and how the festival is developed
- a great time
In return we ask that you:
- Are over the age of 16 years
- Are reliable
- Arrive on time
- Carry out the duties allocated to you
- Work safely and adhere to the safety principles of the Festival
- Work positively as part of a loyal team of volunteers
- Ask for help if it is needed
- Remain calm and cheerful under pressure
- Must not use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any time while volunteering or on the Festival site
- Must not verbally harass or abuse any person or use foul language
- Immediately notify Volunteer Coordinator / Team Leader if you are unable to attend any shift
- Respect confidentiality
- Uphold the standards and values of the festival.
Please complete the application below or contact our office on 6658 1315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to you joining our big, happy team!
CLOSING DATE: 14 JANUARY 2019